We’re ready to go for outdoor seating, on days it’s not raining, of course! Draft beer is flowing, and we have tables and chairs set up for appropriate social distancing.
We’re excited, but we’re incredibly nervous. Please stay with us over the next few weeks as we figure things out…hours, staffing, safety. We, and all of the other downtown businesses, are going to do our best to make this a great, and SAFE experience, for you and our staffs. So, that being said, a couple of notes (all subject to change as we learn more):
• We’re sharing part of the seating area in front with our friends at Peet’s Coffee. When they’re open, please only sit at our tables, even if any of theirs are open at that particular time. We’ll also have tables on the sidewalk in front of our shop. We’re not taking reservations, but we do ask everyone to be respectful about giving up your seats when you’re finished, and do not hang out in groups waiting for tables. We know everyone is anxious to get out and enjoy downtown right away, but please be patient and safe.
• Per Illinois requirements, parties of 6 or less per table, and please don’t move tables so we can keep social distancing in place. We’ll have hand sanitizer on tables, but no menus. We’ll have a beer list in the window, and you can always see our menu at www.orangeandbrewbottleshop.com/menu.
• You may come inside to order beer, shop to-go beers, and use our restrooms, but then must head back outside. You MUST wear a mask when you come in…please bring your own. As an aside, we’ll be serving in plastic for now, and we won’t be serving samplers or flights. Also, please do NOT take beer out of the coolers and drink on the patio…those are only to take home.
• You’ll also come into the shop to pay. We have a contact-less chip reader, accept Apple and Google Pay, and cash is still welcome.
• Parking…if you’re planning to enjoy the patio, please park in the lot across from us and do NOT park in the angled spots in front so those picking up beer inside, as well as food or coffee from our neighbors, can do so conveniently.
• We’ll still have online ordering and curbside pickup for now, at orangeandbrew.square.site.
• Feel free to bring food…if the restaurants around us are too full for seating, be sure to still grab food from them and come over. We want everyone to support all the great spots around us.
Remember, this is a work in progress for us, and for everyone. Rest assured we’ll be smiling under the masks we’ll be wearing, because we’re so glad to see you again. Don’t forget your sunglasses since we don’t have much shade yet (working on some umbrellas). Thanks, as ALWAYS, for supporting all the small, family-owned businesses in Downers, and thanks for helping us make this a safe and fun experience on the road to hopefully getting to Phase 4!